mandag 13. oktober 2014

All about me....

I recently got challenged by my friend Bente, after we both attended a crop in Egersund.
We talked about how we never made layouts about ourselves, but always about our children. And we ought to do something about that.
I then forgot all about it, until Bente sent me a challenge....
Scrap a picture or yourself (I hate having my photo taken...), the journaling must be about yourself (thank God for hidden journaling...), use flowers (which I hardly ever do....), and use the colors pink, red, yellow and orange....
I was sure the lady had gone mad! But how can I say no to a challenge, so here it comes....

I used black cardstock and paper from 7 Dot Studio. Then I made the background with tissue tape, masking tape, mesh, and strips of paper. Then a layer of Gesso, and some stencils combines with modelling paste, before the coloring started....
I used mist/ink in different colors. Almost all the flowers were originally white, so I had to dye them first. To make all the colors work together, I added lots of black.
And of course, the title had to be 'All about me'.....
And to make it a bit more "me", I added some owls (they are hiding in there somewhere...), metal pieces like screws etc., and a guitar pick from Metallica. I also used some paint (Silks acrylic glaze) in various colors.
The journaling is printed on two tags, and put in the pocket behind the photo. I used Bentes brilliant idea, and let my daughters interview me. That was quite amusing....
I like how the modelling paste act together with all the spraying..... Finally I added some splatters of Glimmer Glam.
I'll admit - it was a fun layout to work with. But I'm pretty sure I'll go back to making pages for my daughters :-)
And of course, I also gave Bente a challenge, so I can't wait to see her result *muahaha*

5 kommentarer:

Anne-Eddie sa...

Knallstilig!! Flott LO med lekre og tøffe detaljer! Fargene var knall, sammen med sort/hvitt bildet! Klem fra Anne-Eddie ;)

Randi Elisabeth sa...

Fantastisk :) den naila du ;) Du takle jo alt, og alle stila, og alt blir så flott. Fargan ble herlige sammen og så var det så mange kjekke detaljer og stilig texture. DIGGER :)

Hege sa...

Lekker bakgrunn du har laget.
Nydelige farger.

anne jorunn sa...

Fantastisk LO!! Digger alt ved den! Og så kult at du hadde med ugle og Metallica-plekter! :-)

Georgia Heald sa...

Wow, you certainly stepped up to Bente's challenge, this is amazing, loving the colors and details!